Monday, November 29, 2010

Antique Paper Wreath and Window Re-use

My Aunt called me a few weeks ago and heard that I had face booked a request for an old window . . . and she answered my plea!!! She and my Uncle are renovating my grandparents house and she had a window from the garage that she said that I could have! I think my heart lept with joy when I saw it! Layers of paint, peeling, rusty latches . . . loved it!!! I just gave it a scrub and made an antique paper wreath to hang on it! I have been torn all day deciding where to hang it and it finally landed in our master bedroom (it looked great in EVERY room). Thank you, thank you, thank you Elaine!!! I have a metal saying hanging in my living room that would look kickin' above it . . . another decision to make . . . I am going to make a few more smaller paper wreaths for another room . . . I love how it turned out too!!! I bought some OLD books at DI that were hammered and tore one up and folded and glued the paper onto a foam wreath. Really easy . . . just takes a little time. My boss has an old door that I have been drooling over . . . but Toph just looks at me like I am crazy . . . it would be a super cute headboard!!! Hmmm . . .

4 comments:

April said...

How do you make those wreaths? They are soooo cute and classic

Alycia & Steven said...

Thanks for having us over, it's always fun to get together with you guys!!! I love the wreath, you'll have to show me how to make it because I really want to!

Emily said...

I just tore paper and glued, and glued, and glued and glued . . . really easy!

Jenna Marie said...

LOVE this! I would love to see more of a tutorial on this... I'm kind of lame that way- haha... I'm searching for some more old windows as well! Love yours!

I snagged an awesome old door from a renovation here in Orderville and made it my headboard a couple months ago!! Jeff thought I was crazy too, but now he loves it! :)