The kids in our class are all awesome, but when some of them get together it can be a little hard to keep everyones attention and get through a lesson. I was checking out the Primary section on www.lds.org the other day and they had role plays and suggestions for teaching, which inspired me! This last Sunday I only had 4 kids in the class and they were really good! (Sharing time is another story) I had worked late into the night finishing my lesson and creating an (amazing) visual aid. (Chris got to be my guinea pig at 11:30pm as I went thru the lesson when I was done . . . lucky him!) Each Sunday I am just reminded of experiences that I have had and things that have touched my heart from studying the scriptures and I just become more grateful for Prophets and events recorded in the scriptures. President Kopischke always taught missionaries in our mission that their is nothing that the scriptures can't answer or help you with and it is just so true! I also think that teaching the Valiant 11 class rocks and I am so glad that we are studying The Book of Mormon this year!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Teaching Primary
Chris and I have the great blessing of teaching the 11 and 12 year old primary class in our ward. It is a bit of a change from serving in the Relief Society Presidency and Young Mens and Young Womens program but it has been a blessing in our lives. Occasionally Chris takes some of his clients to church so I get to fly solo . . aka teach the class alone!
The kids in our class are all awesome, but when some of them get together it can be a little hard to keep everyones attention and get through a lesson. I was checking out the Primary section on www.lds.org the other day and they had role plays and suggestions for teaching, which inspired me! This last Sunday I only had 4 kids in the class and they were really good! (Sharing time is another story) I had worked late into the night finishing my lesson and creating an (amazing) visual aid. (Chris got to be my guinea pig at 11:30pm as I went thru the lesson when I was done . . . lucky him!) Each Sunday I am just reminded of experiences that I have had and things that have touched my heart from studying the scriptures and I just become more grateful for Prophets and events recorded in the scriptures. President Kopischke always taught missionaries in our mission that their is nothing that the scriptures can't answer or help you with and it is just so true! I also think that teaching the Valiant 11 class rocks and I am so glad that we are studying The Book of Mormon this year!
The kids in our class are all awesome, but when some of them get together it can be a little hard to keep everyones attention and get through a lesson. I was checking out the Primary section on www.lds.org the other day and they had role plays and suggestions for teaching, which inspired me! This last Sunday I only had 4 kids in the class and they were really good! (Sharing time is another story) I had worked late into the night finishing my lesson and creating an (amazing) visual aid. (Chris got to be my guinea pig at 11:30pm as I went thru the lesson when I was done . . . lucky him!) Each Sunday I am just reminded of experiences that I have had and things that have touched my heart from studying the scriptures and I just become more grateful for Prophets and events recorded in the scriptures. President Kopischke always taught missionaries in our mission that their is nothing that the scriptures can't answer or help you with and it is just so true! I also think that teaching the Valiant 11 class rocks and I am so glad that we are studying The Book of Mormon this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment