Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mmmm Bread Baking . . .

Making bread is kinda a big deal for me . . . because touching flour gives me the willies like nothing else on earth! I don't know why exactly . . . I guess because it gets under your finger nails and . . . augh I am getting goose bumps and the he-be ge-be's just talking about it! Oooo! For some reason I felt like making bread . . I think because it is so cold outside!!! Our house smells amazing now! Chris did a double take and lifted me in a big bear hug when I told him what I was doing! (My honey loves homemade bread!) I was out of wheat flour so I think that is why he was really excited! (White bread is a rarity in our home!) Mensch the world is just spinning so fast! It is almost Thanksgiving already!!! I have a couple of new recipes that I look forward to making for Turkey day! I think Chris is a very willing helper too! I don't think that we will be able to make it to SG the day before but it looks like we will have a few days to chill . . . which we are looking forward to! I am just ready to move onto the next semester! I have discovered how much a of a "groove" I have with some teaching styles and am not doing as well I thought I would in one class and it is ticking me off. I am a little disappointed with class structure and material in another class that I think is really important for me as a teacher, especially that I will be tested on what we learned in this class to recieve a license. The other day my teacher basically said that he didn't like the way the class was and was going to make big changes for next semester . . kind of sounded like he knew it was a bomb and "well live and learn." That always makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about the time, money and effort that you put into school! Anywho off of my vent . . . the bread is almost done and my Toph is snoozing so adorably cute on the couch! (He looks soooo good today in a new shirt! GRRR!) We watched Sleeping Beauty while I made bread (Oh hush . . . I like it!) Turns out I have it memorized . . . shocker since I haven't seen it in years! Malificent is creepy, creepy! Her eyes . . . gulp! Yesterday was nuts huh? All that I am going to say about politics is that I am glad to see that Proposition 8 passed in Cali!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

MMm....you just talked me into making some bread...now I just have to find the time! Jared would think it was some sort of holiday if i did that! The last time i made bread was for him for Valentines day! In fact, that is the only time i have made bread. But I would love to do it more often!
Don't ya love this time of year?!