Thursday, September 2, 2010

I can . . . therefore I am!

I need this sign in my house!!! This week I have been canning like crazy! I ordered a basket of veggies/fruit from bountiful baskets along with a case of mango's . . . thus there was a plethora of goods to utilize to make jams, salsa, jelly, etc from. Now added to our jars from last year are mango-raspberry jam, which I made with my Beehives this week (um, the best stuff ever!), mango jam, nectarine mustard, salsa, mango salsa, and cinnamon plum jelly. Stop by and take a jar or two!!! We also have apple butter, apple sauce, canned cherries (yeah no idea what I am going to do with them, but they are in my favorite jars and look nice . . .), strawberry-rhubarb jam, and I am sure that I have forgotten a thing or two. . . The peach butter I made last year went fast, as has the sweet onion jelly (although there is one still sitting patiently on my parents counter). I think I can handle another round or two. I want to make chow-chow and chili sauce still . . . but need good tomatoes . . . so we will see what else ends up in our pantry! Needless to say I LOVE canning!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Wahoo to the Canning by the way I LOVE the pic of granny's hair he he he that's freakn awesome!!! LOVE YOU EMME!!!!!!! You're the best!!!!

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

That's so awesome! Wish I lived closer so you could teach me all your canning skills!

Ryan said...

Obi-wan, when can I learn from you??

Amy said...

I'll take one jar of each, thank you!