Monday, September 21, 2009

Birthday cake and cookbook excitment!

Toph and I were super excited to bust away for a few days and head up to Nibley to celebrate Grandma Liechty's 80th birthday! It was super fun and I was super excited to make a birthday cake for such a spunky, sweet lady!It was fun to see family and chill with our northern clan a bit . . . including making a Sunday drive around the valley and visiting Martin Harris' grave site and the surrounding towns. We also finally made it to the famous Angie's for breakfast where Grandpa Brownie used to go everyday! Great food and great place kiddles! We recommend it! Most of you already have heard (most likely from my mom . . . ;) that I have the first recipe in the new Worldwide Ward Christmas Cookbook! It was a fun surprise since I had no idea that they had chosen one of my recipes! Heads up everyone you too can send in a recipe!!! Go for it! Hope everyone has a wonderful week! I loved the message below . . . check it out for a gospel hug!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Amazing cake! I love it.

Britt-Marie said...

Wow you are really pro now with the cakes, aren't you. Great job!

tycee said...

That cake was not just beautiful on the outside, but SO tasty on the inside. I loved it.

Kristen said...

The cake looks so yummy and I am liking the chocolate fudge frosting yum! I am so excited that your recipe is in the World Wide cookbook. Way to go. Hope to see you soon.

Ryan said...

OK, that cake was awe inspiring! I think I ate a little too much though(I'm pretty sure it went straight to my booty!)... I just couldn't help it! SOOOOO yummy. I was describing it to Heidi and Malorie (who were very sad to have missed it) and I was salivating! You are amazing!!!

Emily said...

Thanks ladies! It was fun to make and I was tickled pink at its reception!