This year has flown by so fast (again) that I feel like I haven't taken the time that I would liked to have had to stop for a moment and remember how blessed we are and how grateful we are for so many blessings, experiences, and people who are part of our lives. A few days ago we received a letter from a friend serving in Iraq that stopped the world and really helped us to remember so many blessings that we enjoy. I was overcome by the things that he said and little did I realize how much I needed to hear his words and how grateful we are for the great love and appreciation that it brought into our home! For this brave soldier we say THANK YOU!!! While his words were so kind on behalf of our family I couldn't help but think about how blessed we have been by serving others and how grateful we are for the gospel in our lives and the guidance of the Holy Ghost. We would feel most unappreciative if we didn't send out a quick we love you to our family and friends . . . people who have and who continue to serve as lifelines, guides, and helpmates in life! We love you all and hope that each day the joy that life brings will touch your hearts and let a little more sunshine into your soul each day! Above all else we are so very grateful for Jesus Christ, the savior of the world and for this special season to celebrate his birth! May we all heed the words of our beloved prophet by following the Saviors example and offering the gift of charity and service to others throughout the year and especially during this wonderful Christmas Season!
Monday, December 1, 2008
We are grateful . . .
This year has flown by so fast (again) that I feel like I haven't taken the time that I would liked to have had to stop for a moment and remember how blessed we are and how grateful we are for so many blessings, experiences, and people who are part of our lives. A few days ago we received a letter from a friend serving in Iraq that stopped the world and really helped us to remember so many blessings that we enjoy. I was overcome by the things that he said and little did I realize how much I needed to hear his words and how grateful we are for the great love and appreciation that it brought into our home! For this brave soldier we say THANK YOU!!! While his words were so kind on behalf of our family I couldn't help but think about how blessed we have been by serving others and how grateful we are for the gospel in our lives and the guidance of the Holy Ghost. We would feel most unappreciative if we didn't send out a quick we love you to our family and friends . . . people who have and who continue to serve as lifelines, guides, and helpmates in life! We love you all and hope that each day the joy that life brings will touch your hearts and let a little more sunshine into your soul each day! Above all else we are so very grateful for Jesus Christ, the savior of the world and for this special season to celebrate his birth! May we all heed the words of our beloved prophet by following the Saviors example and offering the gift of charity and service to others throughout the year and especially during this wonderful Christmas Season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment